Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lazy Sunday


My boys, all three of them, took off for a pancake breakfast at Gabe and Enzo's abode, meeting up with Jaxon, Ethan and Dave Rider. This gave me a little Sunday morning time to myself. Can you imagine the luxury?!

My mind was racing with all the nice things I could do for myself in the 3 hour window of opportunity...maybe a pedicure-nah, those are too quick and wouldn't fill up the time. What about a long hot bath- nope again- the current brown ring around the tub would require a good scrub before a soak and I just didn't have it in me. Possibly a ride on the bike- eh, possibly, but Aaron's not around to pull my bike down, check it out, lube it, bring it upstairs for me. I was still determined to do something...my mind was racing...I was looking around the house and I realized that I had a week's worth of laundry to fold (some mistake it for a small mountain range forming on the top of our dryer), a day's worth of dishes (similar mountain range, different texture), an ocean of toys to organize, all floors need to be mopped (imagine something like singletrack running through your house) and.......ENOUGH! I had to get out of there and out fast before the vortex of stay-at-home-motherly duties sucked me and tricked me into thinking I had something to accomplish!!!!

All of a sudden getting my bike down and giving it the once over didn't seem so hard. 20 minutes later I was in my kit (ok, Aaron's kit as my cycling clothing is still rather small for my post-partum body) and hopping on my trusty Indie Fab for a quick ride around Magnolia. I'm out of shape (understatement), but pedaling up those hills seemed better facing down the house chores. I think I made the right choice.

anyway...the picture above is from True's morning with his friends. good times!

2 comments:

To Blog or Not to Blog said...

bike riding!! Awesome. Exercise trumps house work any old day. That must have felt great (in a super painful kind of a way).

To Blog or Not to Blog said...

bike riding!! Awesome. Exercise trumps house work any old day. That must have felt great (in a super painful kind of a way).