Friday, August 29, 2008

Ruh-Roh...

Yesterday was an exciting trip for a 25 week check up at the doctor's office. Because my doctor is also an instructor, I get the pleasure of first meeting with a student practitioner and then again with my doctor and the student. This makes my appointment lengthy, but I don't mind. I feel like I get two perspectives of what's going on.

During this check up both doctor and student agreed whole-heartily agreed about this: I'm gaining too much weight. That's just about the last thing a girl wants to hear... but I have to admit I've been hitting the ice cream pretty hard lately. And I think I'm up to consuming about 5 meals a day. Keep in mind that "they" only want you to take in 300 extra calories a day. Sheesh. That's about a spoonful of peanut butter. Boy that really takes the edge off the hunger.

At least the requisite pregnancy heart burn has kicked in and due to that, I should be consuming less (or at least less quantity in any given sitting). I've given up sugar as of yesterday- no more sugar (except for some brown sugar on my oatmeal)! The heart burn and no sugar combo should suffice in my quest to stop packin' on the lbs at an unreasonable rate.

At least that's the goal. And really, I'm not too concerned about it, or thinking about it too much, nor am I obsessed with it.....not me...not at all....

3 comments:

Holly said...

I gained tons of weight and had normal healthy babies- and a good reason to get my butt back to running quickly! Worry not, your body will figure it out!

Holly (5-Time finisher, pregnancy) :)

Kyle said...

Shoot I even gain weight when Holly is pregnant. Congrats to you both and tell Aaron hi.

mieke said...

I SAY "FUCK 'EM"