Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little Schmoopy Goes to Preschool



Today is the first day of preschool at Creative Kids for our little boy. I dropped him off at 8am this morning... there were no tears, no tantrums, no hanging on to my leg for dear life (as I expected). Instead True ran up the steps into the house, turned around and said, "Bye bye Mama".


I did come in to drop off his favorite blanket for nap time and a change of clothing in case of an "accident" (Miss Colleen does not do diapers and True's still not 100% on the potty). I sat at the art table and dallied as long as I could, reluctant to let my little boy start this new adventure. Apparently it was me who wanted to hang onto True for dear life, it was me who wanted to throw a tantrum, and it was me who cried all the way to work. While I'm ecstatic for Aaron and his new job (which he loves) and I know that this is a great thing for True, I just seem to be having a hard time coming to terms with it all.


No comments: